Last time we were talking about the homeopathic ways how to fight colds and flu. We promised to tell you more about treating flu symptoms naturally. Nasal congestion is one of annoying flu symptoms and can make you restless and disrupt your sleep. It occurs when there is a swelling on the nasal cavity thus resulting to a buildup of mucus which makes difficult to breathe through your nose. The question is: how to ease nasal congestion?
We at *Astra Natural Healing know the answer.
*Astra Natural Healing recommends: Natural approaches to ease nasal stuffiness and post-nasal drip:
1) It’s important to blow your nose regularly when you have the cold rather than sniffling mucus back into your head. Do not blow hard because pressure can move germ-carrying phlegm back into your ear passages and cause an earache. The best way to blow your nose is to press a finger over one nostril while you blow gently into a tissue to clear the other. Wash your hands after blowing your nose.
2) Rinsing your stuffy nose with salt water. It will not only help to break up the congestion thinning mucous and soothing nasal inflammation but also remove virus and bacteria particles from your airways. You can use saline nasal sprays from any pharmacy or make your own by mixing two teaspoons of non-iodized salt and 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of boiled water that has been allowed to cool. Then, use a bulb syringe to gently squirt the solution towards the back of your head, rather than upwards. Hold one nostril closed by applying light finger pressure while squirting the salt mixture into the other nostril. Let it drain. Repeat two to three times, and then treat the other nostril.
3) Blow your nose gently.
4) Make a wick out of cotton ball for each nostril by rolling of half a ball. Place these wicks inside of your nose (into each nostril) for 30 minutes. It will block your nasal passages, and you have to breathe with your mouth open for half an hour.
5) Finally, blow your nose again.
6) Sleep with your shoulders, neck and head elevated – this will help you breathe a little easier at night
7) Nasal strips. Can be bought at:
8) Propolis nasal spray. Can be bought at:
9) Natural nasal drops:
• Prepare drops out of fresh-made beet juice mixed with water (the ratio of juice to water is 1:3). Put 2-3 drops into each nostril three times daily
• Prepare drops out of fresh-made onion juice mixed with water (the ratio of juice to water is 1:3). Put 2-3 drops into each nostril three times daily interchanged every other day with beet juice drops
• Continue to use a homeopathic medicine Engystol in ampules. Put 2-3 drops in each nostril 3 times a day
In the next few blogs we will talk more about treating naturally other flu symptoms: fever, cough, weakness, and sore throats.
Use our recommendations and stay healthy.